Become a Partnering Physician
RPM offers the following benefits to our providers:
- Hospital based contract opportunities
- Specialty – specific assignments
- Opportunity to maintain proficiency in desired areas of medicine
- First-hand understanding of questions and concerns at the physician level
- Reputation built on physician referrals and traditional networking
- Marketing exclusively to desired geographical areas
- Consultation with other specialists on current market trends
- Income supplementation (full or part-time)
- In-house travel coordination
- Paid travel and accommodations
- Strict confidentiality in handling CVs and personal information
- Excellent compensation
Frequently Asked Questions: Physicians
- Why partner with RPM? Partnering with RPM provides physicians the chance to practice in unserved rural communities while having a flexible work schedule and receiving competitive pay.
- What services does RPM offer? Established specialty services include anesthesia, general surgery, orthopedics, pain management, spine, and urology. In addition, RPM has mid-levels and staffing support opportunities.
- How are physicians paid? RPM uses an RVU model which reflects the relative level of time, skill, training and intensity required of a physician to provide their service.
- What about costs associated with physician travel? Physicians will be required to travel to their partnering hospital. Travel is reimbursed but may vary depending on air versus ground travel.
- What does a typical schedule look like? Schedules can vary depending on the specialty. A typical physician’s schedule will be two consecutive days every other week. Day one will be an OR day followed by a Clinic day. This allows physicians to check on their surgical patients the next day before starting clinic.
- Are physicians employed with RPM? All partnering physicians are independent contractors.
- Can physicians co-exist with their current practice? Absolutely! RPM’s model allows physicians to work on days they are away from their own practice.
- What options are available through RPM? RPM will determine your preferences and begin pairing you with a partnering hospital. Once we believe there is a match, a site visit will be arranged.
- How soon can a physician start? From the initial call to physician start date, the process can take anywhere between 3-6 months. Most of the process depends on the timeliness of contract reviews, payer credentialing and if a physician is licensed to practice in the partnering state.
- Does RPM offer support? Absolutely! RPM values our partnerships and has a dedicated team who is willing to support your needs. Our staff will handle billing & coding, credentialing, scheduling, the logistics of your travel and more.
Would you like to know more about being a physician provider with Rural Partners in Medicine?
Tell us a little about yourself! Take a moment to fill out the following information – all answers will be held in complete confidence. Then, simply click send at the bottom of the page. Our recruitment specialist will contact you within 24-hours to discuss upcoming opportunities with our organization.